I had a few things to crack like the differential flexure and misting up of the camera that trashed a lot of the subs I took in a 3hr session. As a result, at first when I processed the image I lost all the colour but revisiting the data and being more careful I have been able to bring out a lot more detail and colour. All things considered this is not a bad image – noisier than I would have liked but we can’t have everything.
If you pixel-peep the image you can see the smaller stars are elliptical left to right. This is the result of a high frequency oscillation in the RA axis of the CEM70 that I have fixed by a board swap out.
(First posted May 27th, 2021)